This deed dated May 05, 1868 transfers property from Aaron T. Frierson to the trustees of the Brooksville School Society, those
trustees being Aurthur Sinclair, Sampson Jordan, Glasco Hudson, Hampton Sinclair and Tony May; all African American.
The property was purchased by the School Society for $100 and was located in downtown Brooksville. The lot purchased is
described as being lot number four (4) in block number seventeen (17) according to the plan and survey of Brooksville by Joseph W. Taylor, Esq
and confirmed in 1857. The school that sat on this lot was the Brooksville Colored School mentioned in Freedmen's Bureau Reports, this school house
also doubled as the Bethlehem Baptist Church; African American. According to 1860 Hernando County Tax Records A.T. Frierson had previously owned 12 slaves valued at $8,500.